When you think of Jacques Rougeau usually two things will come to mind. The first is his excellent tag teams with his older brother Raymond and later with Pierre Ouelette. The second (and our personal favorite) was his work as the evil law enforcement officer, The Mountie. Regardless of which incarnation you think of the end result was a competent worker whose verbal skills were underrated and often underutilized. Beloved in his home province and still promoting cards and developing new talent, Jacques Rougeau may never have been the star of the bill, but it was always much better for having him on it.
The Bullet Points:
Canada (Montreal, PQ)
Key Championships Held:
AWA Southern Heavyweight (2)
NWA Alabama Heavyweight
NWA Central States Tag Team w/Bruce Reed
NWA Mid American Heavyweight (2)
WWF World Tag Team (3) (w/Pierre Ouelette)
Why He Will Get In:
He was a good worker who had a long run.
Why He Won’t Get In:
He was never a main eventer.
Five Greatest Matches/Moments: (In Chronological Order)
1. With Raymond, defeated the Dream Team at the Big Event in
Exhibition Stadium (8/28/86)
2. With Raymond lost a sixty minute iron man match to the Rockers
3. Beat Bret Hart to win the WWF IC Title (1/17/92)
4. Beat Pierre Ouelette in his first retirement match in front of a sold out
crowd in Montreal (10/21/94)
5. Cleanly pinned Hulk Hogan in Montreal (4/11/97)